Rochester is a city of about 211,000 people according to the 2010 census, which makes it the 3rd largest city in NY state. The city sits on the shores of three major bodies of water: Lake Ontario, the Genesee River, and the historic Erie Canal. Rochester is also a short drive from the Finger Lakes wine country. Top employers in Rochester include the University of Rochester/Strong Health, Wegmans Food Markets, Eastman Kodak, Paychex, Xerox, and ViaHealth.
- Rochester makes the list!
- 10 Signs You Have Lived In Rochester Too Long
- Rochester Again Among US Leaders in Job Growth
- Forbes Named Rochester 1st on the list of the "Top 10 Places to Buy a Home" in May, 2011.
- Zillow Named Rochester on their list of "Top Ten Places to Invest in 2011".
- Rochester was named #1 on the list of "Top 10 Cash Flowing Markets" by NuWire Investor.
- Fortune Magazine named Rochester #3 "10 Best Cities for Home Buyers".
- Rochester has a property tax rate of $37.11 per $1,000 of assessed value, and has a vacancy rate of only 9%.
- Rochester Named One of the Strongest Job Markets in US by Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Brookings Institute reports Rochester's economy is one of the "Top 20 Strongest-Performing Metro Areas" in the country. Rochester is one of only 9 metros to be consistently ranked in Brookings' Top 20 in the past 2 1/2 years. (September 2011)
© 2001-2016 Reliance Network and RE/MAX of New York.
All rights reserved. US Reg. Copyright TX-5-910-991, TX-5-910-992, TX-5-910-993, and TX-5-910-994.
Each RE/MAX® Office is Independently Owned and Operated. Equal Housing Opportunity.
It is illegal to discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, handicap, familial status, or national origin. Site Map